To my beautiful girl Lyla,
Today you turn two whole years old, where has that time gone? You changed our lives the second you entered this world and have continued to do so ever since. I remember the moment so clearly that you first looked at me, and everything I was and had became yours in an instant.
We have had our tough moments over the last two years (your early onset of the terrible twos during my pregnancy with your sister was a challenge to say the least…), but we have had so many ‘ups’ I have lost count. The family days, the holidays, the normal ‘day-to-day’ days, and the milestones you have hit along the way. We are so unbelievably proud of you. And one day you will understand why I started this venture, it was for you, so you can look back at the posts and the videos and hopefully see that everything we do, is for you.
You are funny but serious, shy but confident, quiet but crazy, so so loving, and so very clever (though that might be a bit of mummy bias and you’re probably where you should be on the cleverness scale). I hope I don’t get distracted by Daisy’s development to miss your moments of amazingness, or vice versa. As soon as you became a big sister you changed and grew overnight (literally), your development and speech has come on leaps and bounds and your caring nature has shone through so brightly. Don’t get me wrong, you still have your moments, but being a two-year-old is bloody hard work so we understand.
- writing and drawing
- fruit and vegetables (!!)
- running around
- being outside
- going swimming
- playing with your friends
- holding hands
- carrying all your teddies round at the same time
- your family
- making tea (pretend, of course)
- your baby (dolly)
- Peppa Pig (grr)
You don’t love:
- having dirty hands or clothes
- not being able to find your dummy
- being tired
- not being able to communicate what you want
- having your hair washed/brushed
- socks (sometimes)
- not having a snack in your hand at all times
A few more facts about you:
- Two weeks exactly before your birthday (mummy’s OCD tendencies LOVE the precise-ness of this) you became a big sister to baby Daisy, and you are the best sister ever!!
- You can say lots of words now and are just starting to put two words together, though most of the time they revolve around food…
- You are starting to take notice of your toilet habits…
- Tonight (I am finishing this a few days after your birthday) we have taken the sides off of your cot as you keep getting your knees stuck in the bars, and you have gone to sleep like a dream, just as you usually do (for your sleep habits, we will be eternally grateful)
- You are exactly 3 feet tall
- Your feet are a size 6.5 (that’s pretty big)
- You have just gone into size 2-3 clothes
- You love going to nursery, you are very happy going off to play with your friends though we do enjoy you running to us when we collect you!
We celebrated your 2nd birthday with a trip to the farm and a little party at our house for your friends and family. I must admit that it was all a bit last minute (amazon prime, I thank you), but nevertheless we all had such a lovely time celebrating!
So, as I wrap this up Lyla, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for bringing so much joy to our lives. Thank you for testing us at times, for making us better people and hopefully better parents. I can’t wait to see what the next year brings and the adventures we will get up to!!